Studying pharmacy in America


Studying pharmacy in America 

Pharmacy degree in the United States of America:

The Pharm.D. PH.D. program in the United States of America requires at least two specific pre-vocational courses (undergraduate). Followed by 4 academic years (or 3 calendar years) of professional study.
A bachelor's degree in pharmacy is no longer available in the United States.

Admission process: 

The pharmacy admission process is very competitive for all applicants. The classes required for admission vary according to the pharmacy school. The majority of pharmacy certification programs in the United States require all applicants to apply through the College of Pharmacy Application Service (PharmCAS).

Admission restrictions for applicants from outside the United States: 

Some U.S. pharmaceutical institutions do not consider applicants from outside the United States (international students). International applicants may compete for a limited number of positions, or may be ineligible for admission. Based on institutional and state policies.

Private institutions:

Private pharmacy institutions generally offer non-U.S. citizens more positions within the program than state-backed public institutions.  Foreign nationals should visit the PharmCAS Guide, or the website of each U.S. pharmaceutical school, to determine whether international (foreign) applicants are eligible for admission.

If non-U.S. citizens are admitted to the U.S. institution, the applicant must meet the same minimum admission requirements as other U.S. students. Including the basic requirements of the course, and standard tests.

Applicants who have completed pre-pharmacy studies outside the United States will be required to submit original foreign copies, or to determine the evaluation of the external version in accordance with the course in accordance with the school policy. Some pharmacy schools do not accept pre-pharmacy courses at a foreign institution. It may require completing pre-pharmacy courses at a U.S.-accredited university.

TOEFL language test:

If English is not the applicant's main language, the Pharmacy School may require an English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test, a Spoken English Test (TSE), or another English proficiency test as part of the admission process.

Pharmacy practice in the United States: 

Foreign pharmacy graduates wishing to practice in the United States must complete a bachelor's degree in foreign pharmacy (FPGEC®). This certificate (FPGEC) provides a way to document the educational equation of teaching foreign pharmacy to the candidate.

Questions relating to the FPGEC certificate and the licensing of graduates of foreign pharmacy programs should be addressed to: The National Association of Boards of Pharmacy. Many states have additional testing requirements. Contact the Pharmacy Board in case you will train to learn more. NABP provides contact information to communicate with each state's board.

Study pharmacy in the United States: 

If you have already completed a degree in pharmacy at a foreign institution and would like to pursue a PhD in Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) in the United States, you may want to consider post-pharmacy degree programs (B.S.).  There are some pharmacy colleges and schools that accept graduates of foreign pharmacy programs for post-pharmacy admission (B.S.) Doctor Pharmacy (non-traditional) Pharm.D.

No comments